Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thoughts...

Just in the last week, we have been hit with news of families we know who are going through Interrupted Expectations. One family - the mom just found out that she has breast cancer. The other family - their anticipated baby arrived with the extreme medical issues that they have been preparing for. The baby is clinging to life.

Honesty...I know that God is the God of healing. God is sovereign and can do all. But what I struggle with is what about when He doesn't heal? What about when the interrupted expectations don't turn out the way we pray?

I was feeling very empty and knew that I needed to get in the Word. I turned to Matthew 5-7 for my devos today. I cried out to God to please give me something. Matthew 7:7-8 was loud and clear.
7 “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.

God said, "Keep searching for the answers. Don't give up. I will give you peace. I will fill your cup. I hear you." Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.