Saturday, May 16, 2009

Thoughts...

As I stated in Thursday's post, I still have times of doubt with God. I struggle with God's will and knowing that when I pray that, it could be extremely painful for me. My faith gets rocked at times pretty hard. If it was God's will for my sister to die and for my heart to hurt like no other, what else???

Once again, God comes around me with His loving arms. This time in the form of our church service. One of the songs that we sang talked about how God is stronger than all. The Holy Spirit kept reminding me "I am stronger than your doubts."

Our Pastor talked about a guy in our church who lost his son and wife within two months time. He asked him how he was doing. Here were his words from Habakkuk 3: 17-19

17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
and the cattle barns are empty,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!
19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength!
He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
able to tread upon the heights.

Lord strengthen me. Lord keep my feet grounded in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.