Thursday, June 11, 2009

Clenched Teeth

I read this quote on a blog and wanted to share...
“Concretely, abandonment to the will of God consists of finding his purpose for you in all the people, events, and circumstances you encounter. If God tears up your beautiful game plan and leads you into a valley instead of onto a mountaintop, it is because he wants you to discover his plan, which is more beautiful that anything you or I could have dreamed up. The response of trust is “Thank you, Jesus," even if it is said through clenched teeth."

The will of God is something that I continue to wrestle with. Trying to understand why the will of God is sometimes a miraculous healing and other times is death. Why can one situation beat all odds and other times the chances seem so minimal but yet...

Now, I know what some are thinking..."God doesn't give us more than we can handle." "Everything is for a reason." "God's plans are better and we would choose His plan if we could just see the whole picture."

Okay. My head gets that. But my heart doesn't sometimes. I struggle with the fact that if God's will was for me to hurt so greatly, then could His future for me hold the same excruciating pain?

This is when I come back to the promises of God. This is where I remind myself that it is all or nothing. Either I believe in God or I don't. I don't have the option to believe little bits and pieces about God. If I decide to put my faith in God, then I chose to believe all.

This is the verse that I cling to every time:

Jeremiah 29:11 - I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. (The Message)

I am not to the point that I can say "Thank You, Jesus" for the pain and grief that I have gone through. But I am thankful for the testimony and understanding that I have gained that has allowed me to reach out to other people. Maybe someday, my teeth won't have to be clenched. At least not as tight.

I would love to hear the verse that you cling to. Please share!


- Mommy C


I was unable to find a solid point of reference for the quote above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.