Thursday, June 25, 2009

Guest Post: Words of a Grieving Mother

Written in the words of a grieving Mom who lost a teenage daughter:

One of the hardest things in dealing with a loss of a child is the disappointment you gain in people. Unless they have been through it, they don’t get it. They don't understand the shock and extreme pain.

I look back now and realize I was in shock for several months and maybe even years. We would look for our daughter to come home at night. We had never had that time of breaking away from her. She had never left home for college or to be on her own. When I clean her bedroom I still feel she is yelling from heaven “Don’t clean my room”. She never liked me to clean it.

When people say their heart is down to there feet that is exactly how I felt. Your heart is so heavy. I don’t have that feeling much anymore, but sometimes yearn for it. I just miss her SO much. I can look at my daughter's picture and it will just about suck me in. It is such a weird feeling. You just hurt so much and want her back so bad.

I have to remind myself over and over - she was on loan to me and I need to be thankful that I had her for 18 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.