Monday, June 22, 2009

Verses of Encouragement

A dear friend of mine was going through an Interrupted Expectation when her mom was dying of cancer. Since she was hours away, I emailed her words of encouragement from the source of encouragement. Here are the verses and prayers I sent in one email.

Psalm 55:15 – I call on God and the Lord will rescue me.

Psalm 55:22 – Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.

Thank you Lord that You are there with open arms and will not let my friend fall, no matter how exhausted, torn, and broken that she is.

Psalm 56:8 – You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in Your bottle. You have recorded each one in Your book.

Dear Lord, this verse blows me away. I just smiled when I read it. You care so much about us that you collect each tear and have record of it. Can I fathom this kind of love? I pray that my friend will feel this kind of love tonight as she rest in Your arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.