Saturday, July 25, 2009

Guest Post: Notes from The Power of Encouragement #3

Encouragement is at the center of helping those who hurt. "Dr. David Jeremiah examines the heart of encouragement - self-giving, genuine love - and shows how we can eagerly use our hands, feet, eyes, and ears to love and encourage those around us."


Chapter 3

Sometimes we just have to take care of ourselves and find encouragement within. There are three ways we can do this.

First is in solitude or silence. We need to figure out how we can be alone with God. We need to talk to Him and let Him talk with us. Sometimes a walk alone helps to clear your mind.

The second way to encourage ourselves is through the Word of God. Once we have received encouragement in this way our hope is renewed.

The final way is through music or song. After loosing our child, I remember listening to the words of the hymns as they were sung at church. I couldn't sing them because of the tears running down my cheeks but the words meant so much.

Read the words of this hymn and see if it doesn't speak to you:

Through it All
by Andrae Crouch


I've had many tears and sorrows,
I've had questions for tomorrow
There've been time I didn't know right from wrong
But in every situation God gave blessed consolation
That my trials come to only make me strong

Through it all
Through it all
I've learned to trust in Jesus
I've learned to trust in God
Through it all
Through it all
I've learned to depend upon His word


Follow along as we continue the book study of Power of Encouragement

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.