Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hurting for Others

I have been following and praying for a family as they have been enduring a nightmare with their newborn daughter. They found out that she had Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH) as well as a heart defect known as Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV) even before she was born. The prognosis was not good. Almost 2 months old, this baby has defied medicine.

Now things aren't looking good. The parents are struggling to know whether they should press on or say "enough."

The Daddy just posted a heart-wrenching blog as his desire it to "unwire" his little girl and hold her. His role as a "husband and father is to shelter my family."

This is where my faith is so weak. The emotional roller coaster that this family has endured is beyond any that anyone should ever have to go through. I call out to God and wonder how long can this go on? They aren't doing anything that a normal parent wouldn't do for their child. But what if the ending isn't what we pray for? What if God calls this precious girl home? Have they gone through all of this for them to just have to tell the doctors to turn off the machines?

Okay, God has a plan. I know, God won't "waste" any pain. God sees the bigger picture. But why??? Why are some babies healed and others not?

Mark 9:24 God, I do believe but please help my weak faith. My fellow brother and sister in Christ are bleeding. Heal their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.