Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Guest Post: Pregnancy Lost

Thank you so much Sandra for allowing me to share your story. This is a blog that she orginially posted January 25, 2009

There Will Be A Day...

Today my mind drifted back to the day when I drove home from my appt. I had heard the news from my OB that I was losing you...my little baby

I was listening to KLOVE on the radio and heard a beautiful sung by Chris Rice called "Come to Jesus." Tears flowed from my eyes and I broke down. I pulled the car over to the side of road. I wanted to cry out...I wanted you with all my heart and I did not want to lose another child... In that moment I felt God's love and His arms around me. The words from the song comforted me that I was able to continue to make it home.

In the days that followed, it was the song. "Walk by Faith" by Jeremy Camp that spoke to me. I had my spirit renewed and my faith tested...
I held on to God during our storm. God called you home in July of 2008.. and I kept hope that one day we'd be reunited in Christ.. I still believe...

Months have past since then and my heart thinks of you both in heaven often. This week especially since it would have been my due date. I surrounded myself with work in hopes of moving forward but it wasn't helping... what helped was music.

Music has been a large part of my life for so long. For the Lord to speak to my heart through music is a wonderful gift. It was not surprisingly when today as I sat feeling sad thinking about tomorrow's due date that I heard music speaking to again...It was Jeremy Camp's "There will be a day."

It reminded me of God's word...
Revelation 21:4 (New International Version)
(4) He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Romans 8:18-25
(18) I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. (19)The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. (20) For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope (21) that[a] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God. (22) We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. (23) Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. (24) For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? (25) But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.


I am waiting for what God has prepared for us. I hold on to the hope that when I enter the gates of heaven I will see my children and my loved ones...
Thank you God for drawing me to your light and love... for bringing me your love and word once again to my heart for it is my lifesong that I will sing to you....

I will always love you my baby... God's word promises There will be a day...

Sandra blogs about her life at Little Sprouts and about homeschooling at Monkey See, Monkey Do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.