Thursday, December 31, 2009

Not Because of Sin


A verse hit me this morning during my quiet time. John 9: 1-4
1 As Jesus was walking along, he saw a man who had been blind from birth.
2 “Rabbi,” his disciples asked him, “why was this man born blind? Was it because of his own sins or his parents’ sins?”
3 “It was not because of his sins or his parents’ sins,” Jesus answered. “This happened so the power of God could be seen in him.
4 We must quickly carry out the tasks assigned us by the one who sent us.
Of course I have read this passage many times but I was struck by the third verse.
3 “It was not because of his sins or his parents’ sins,” Jesus answered. “This happened so the power of God could be seen in him.
When "bad" things happen, it isn't because you did something wrong. God allows those interrupted expectations to occur because He wants to further His Kingdom. He wants to be gloried in our rough times.

As I have blogged, I struggle with the why-me attitude. Why did I have to lose a sister? There is one thing that I can hang my hat on - there were approx 20 people saved at my sister's funeral. That's right - 20 people are going to Heaven because of my sister's death.

When I start stomping around feeling sorry for myself, the Holy Spirit taps me on the shoulder and says "your pain is not in vain."

You maybe don't have knowledge of people becoming Christians because of your Interrupted Expectation. But, that doesn't mean that God doesn't want to use you.

- Is there someone around you who is experiencing the same thing? Go and encourage them.
- Is there a ministry at your church where God could use your story?
- Blog about what God taught you. Use this or your own blog to encourage people?
- Send a card in the mail to a person who is hurting. Put a smile on their face when they open the mailbox.

What are you doing to let God use your story?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.