Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Excerpt: So Long Insecurity

So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us  Read a book review here. 

In reading the book So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us, I marked particular pages that really hit me.  Those pages that the Holy Spirit said "mark this."  So, here I am to share with you!

Beth Moore spends almost 350 pages helping women get over the insecurities that this world puts on us.  But what we forget is that insecurity it not of God.  Yes, life will throw us some curve balls but we have the power to choose how to handle them.  Will they crumble our security or will we stand strong in the strength God has equipped us with. 

Read what Beth Moore wrote:
Every human battles insecurity to a degree.  Some a lot.  Some less.  But all just the same.  If these words hit a chord with you.  Be sure to check out this book.  Learn to stand on the promises of God. 
The next time someone says or does something to you that has the capacity to dent your security, instantly think one of these thoughts toward that person:

You can hurt my feelings, but you can not have my security.  I won't let you.  It's mine to keep.  You cannot have it.
You can criticize me and even be right about what I did wrong, but you do not get to damage my security.  It's mine to keep.  You cannon have it. 
You might have embarrassed me, but I refuse to let it fall on me so heavily that it smothers my security.  It's mine to keep.  You cannot have it.
You may be so intimidating and threatening that I feel I have to hand a lot of things to you, but I refuse to hand over my security.  Who you are doesn't get to dwarf who I am.  My security is mine to keep.  You cannot have it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.