Friday, February 5, 2010

Excerpt: So Long Insecurity

So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us
If security says 2+2=4, insecurity says 2+2=9. 
When insecurity strikes, suddenly we are unable to make logical conclusion.  In her book So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us, Beth Moore helps correct our bad math. 

Here are a few examples she gives to demonstrate our bad math:
I tried to talk to her + she seemed really distracted = she hates me
She's really gorgeous + she gets a lot of attention that I don't = she must be really conceited
She's got this + she's got that = I've got nothing
Hit any soft spots?  Yeah. We all do this.  Beth Moore reminds us to "roll our eyes at ourselves and think, There you go with the bad math again."

I don't know your situation.  I don't know what Interrupted Expectation that you are experiencing.  But, I wonder, is insecurity hindering us from healing? 

Read the book review here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.