Monday, March 22, 2010

Can God Forgive Anything?

Shades of Blue

Every once in a while I read a book just for fun. Not because I need to finish a review but just because I want to read the book. Karen Kingsbury's book are usually on that list. Shades of Blue is the latest book that I finished for fun.

Karen Kingsbury has an incredible gift. I am blessed every time that I read a book of hers. Seriously, I never go away empty handed. God is always leaving me with a verse, thought, or understanding that I didn't have before. As so many of her books, Karen tackles the topic of forgiveness and redemption. Here is a conversation between two characters in this book:
"Can God forgive anything?"
The pastor waited a few seconds. "Yes, definitely." Compassion lightened his expression. "When a person confesses their sins, when true sorrow is expressed toward God, then yes. God will forgive. That's why Jesus went to the cross."
Shades of Blue tackles a tough subject - guilt. Guilt from sex before marriage that lead to pregnancy that lead to an abortion. Whether any of these situations apply to your past, I promise that you will still grow in your understanding of God as your Personal Father. We all have Interrupted Expectations that had lead us to the need for forgiveness. Follow Brad and Emma as they learn about true forgiveness and the peace that only God can give.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation, I just got this book this morning from the library and read it entirely today. It was such a lovely story about forgiveness. Powerful message I can't wait to read more by Karen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.