Friday, May 7, 2010

Memorial Jewelry


A year and a half ago, I have the privilege of co-leading a grief support class at my church called "Interrupted Expectations" (thus the name for this blog).  I had the privilege of getting to know a mother and a daughter who had recently lost a daughter/sister.  Read this poem that the sister posted on Facebook.

Since Heaven has become your home
I sometimes feel I'm so alone
And though we now are far apart
You hold a big piece of my heart.

I never knew how much I'd grieve
when it was time for you to leave
or just how much my heart would ache
from that one fragment you would take.

God let's this tender hole remain
reminding me we'll meet again
and one day all the pain will cease
when He restores this missing piece.

Here is the rest of the poem...

He'll turn to joy my every tear

and when I wear this necklace near
it will become my simple way
to treasure our Reunion Day.

This poem originally was written for a necklace by Reunion Heart.  There are several necklaces and rings to give as a memorial gift or to purchase for yourself.  Here are a few that I found:

Memorial Tear Necklace - my mom received one of these and wears is every day
Reunion Heart

Heart Locket
Memorial Ring
Sterling Silver Memorial Sentiment Ring - engraved "until we meet again" on the inside

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.