Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Tears


Growing up, Father's Day consisted of a great pot luck meal with family running around.  Probably a little softball and swimming.  Memories that have latest a life time.  But as I get older I realize that my childhood wasn't normal.  I realize that not all families want to be together.  This is an absolute foreign concept to me.  I see it even with families that "get along."  It truly breaks my heart as I see these families missing out on joy, laughter, and memories - for whatever reason.

I don't know what your plans are for Father's Day.  Are you thrilled to be able to get together with family today?  Or, is the relationship with family and your dad an "Interrupted Expectation?"  I received a Facebook post from a friend who said that she hasn't spoken to her father in seven years.  This broke my heart. 

But it got me thinking...While great memories and anticipation for some, Father's Day brings tears for others.  I pray for you as you face today.  I ask God to remind you that He is the Ultimate Father.  May you feel His loving arms around you today. 

Photo Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.