Friday, July 30, 2010

A Time to Embrace: I Have Overcome the World

A Time to Embrace (Timeless Love Series)
John 16:33  "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
"In this world you will have trouble"? What peace could be gained from that?
But over the years she'd come to understand it better.
Troubles were a part of life...even events like losing ... a daughter...or having her mother killed.  Some troubles were brought on by a person's own actions - like the years she and John lost because of their own selfishness.  Other troubles were part of a spiritual attack.
...Troubles would come. ...The point of the verse wasn't to dwell on the certainty of hard times, but rather to be assured of God's victory through it all.  If the Lord walked [into the room] right now, He would cry with them and feel for them.
But before He left, He would give them a certain, knowing smile, and these parting words:  "Cheer up!  I have overcome all of it!"
This is an excerpt from author Karen Kingsbury.  Read more comforting passages like this from her re-released book A Time to Embrace (Timeless Love Series).  My review is available at our sister site - Our Out-of-Sync Life.

1 comment:

  1. "...I have overcome the world." This is by far my favorite verse :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.