Thursday, August 12, 2010

By Faith


Have you ever read a passage of scripture that you felt like God wrote just for you?  How about a passage that you thought you knew by heart but yet it seems brand new?

God used Hebrews 11 during my quiet time not too long ago in just this way.  You may recognize this chapter as the "Faith Chapter" or the "Hall of Faith".  Grab your Bible or click on the links and join me as we journey through this chapter.  Ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you.

Let's start by reading Hebrews 11:1-34

"It was by faith..."  Over and over, the verses show how God blessed Old Testament men and women who had faith.  Amazing miracles happened.  Lives were changed.  Death was escaped.  Weakness was turned to strength.  I get goosebumps just reading it!


"But others trusted God and..."  This is where I felt my shoulders fall.  Some were mocked.  Some died.  Some were tortured.  These are people that the scriptures say "trusted God' and yet bad things happened.  I found myself saying, "What about the first 34 verses?  Why didn't the chapter end there?"

Read the last verse with me...
For God had far better things in mind for us that would also benefit them, for they can't receive the prize at the end of the race until we finish the race.
The Holy Spirit said to me...It wasn't your lack of faith that has caused the Interrupted Expectations in your life.  God could have done a miracle.  But when you finish the race, you will fully understand that He had far better things in mind for you. 

Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.