Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Healthy Grieving #4 - Journal


This is a continuation from the last blog on "10 Tips for Healthy Grieving" by Steve Arterburn.



Tip number four for Healthy Grieving is journaling.  Simply stated, you just write out how you are feeling.  This may take the form of a prayer or just thoughts as they come.  The only rule is that you just be honest.  Since this is for your eyes only, there is no fear.  By writing down your thoughts, you have a resource to go back to and see if you are changing or growing in your faith. 

This is something that I didn’t do and really wish I would have.  At the time it seemed like I would never forget what was happening.  But looking back, I wonder just how I really felt.  I remember that my heart was down to my toes, but I have forgetten the details.  As I help others through the grieving process, I realize it would have been good to be able to go back and remember what I felt at that time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.