Thursday, May 12, 2011

Healthy Grieving #5 - Write a Letter



This one is the toughest for me.  Tip #5 is writing a letter to the loved one that you lost.  Honestly, I didn’t do this.  Probably never will.  The concept is that you share with the person you lost through a letter stating what you wish you could tell them in person.  I definitely have talked to my loved one many times, but I haven’t gone so far as to put it down on paper. 

There are so many things a grieving person wishes they could tell that very special person.  It just might be an “I love you” or “I miss you”.  This tip can be especially helpful if you lost your loved one and didn’t get time to prepare.   This letter could help with the closure that is so important.  It just might be the step that is needed for healing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.